From Blah Bookshelf To Coffee Bar.

This, (shiver) was a hideous, always dusty, rust tinted bookshelf that hid in our old house in a storage room– where G stored all his (for some odd reason also dusty) music binders and old school books.

After we moved, I brought her up from the work room in the basement where all kinds of hideous goodies await the day when my gifted hands (joke, people) can give them a second chance at enjoying life.

This was one of the first projects that got brought up…

… to be reincarnated as a coffee bar/buffet!!

She (because now I can speak of her with respect) was painted black witht he glossiest black I could find. I used Krylon`s little can which was $14 or so. She took up 3/4 of the can.

I thought it quite worth the $$.

I know the photos are not TOP NOTCH but they still share the story.

I LOVE casters.

And I LOVE attaching them to things.

Love, LOVE, LOVE.

I love how she rolls around the house so easily now, just wherever I need her most.

She has served me for 3 parties now. Usually she holds a butler of coffee, cream and sugar, candles, glass mugs, iced water. And I put either plastic cups or ice in the silver bin thing.

We`ve have made some great memories together so far.

comments

1. Marlena says:

I’m loving the new blog Jenny! 🙂

2. Jenny says:

thank ya, marlena. it is fun to be back!

3. Wilma says:

I love the new look on your blog! All professional like. 🙂 Great job on the coffee bar. My hideous goodies get stored in my garage.. it’s getting hard to move past the door!

4. Charity says:

Like the new blog…header photos are quite fetching! The coffee bar is very cool…do you attach the castors yourself? That would be a huge accomplishment in my eyes.

5. Charity says:

um…I think the time stamp on the comments is a little off.

6. diane says:

jenny i have to know cause i’ve had my eyes out for one for as long as i know.. is that (now i don’t know what to call it) bust yours? it looks like your bed so i’m assuming it is? it is beautiful as is your new site. i love it!

yeah, the dressmakers form is mine. it is kinda for sale though. i kinda hope is doesn`t sell though cuz i love it so much. : )

7. Linda Hershey says:

I keep coming back to this bookshelf-turned-coffebar in my “spare moments” because I could just see this fitting into a corner of the dining room.
    About posting pics of house…I COULD but it is still such a dream in making that you would maybe not see the beauty!! Like, all the walls are either in particle board OR waiting transition which means, nothing! I am happy with the girls room tho and should post pics because I need help on finishing it off. I have problems with details.

8. Mary June Miller says:

Jenny – could I hire you to come out for one week and help me? You are so inspiring and I love it when you post pics of your ‘re-do’ projects. I’m either too stinkin lazy or lack motivation or just don’t know where to start here!
    I love this idea – very nice!

Miss you – Mj

mj- first of all thank you for the kind words. and on a separate note- – i don`t believe you (that you`re lazy). i always find you VERY creative and inspiring- and i sure never got any marathons run… just sayin`… so what i`m saying is i`m a fan of your too. ahaha. call next time you come in- i`d LOVe to see you again. i always love talking to you.