One Hour Projects.

Before: Doesn`t everyone have one of these laying around?

This mirror was left here at the house when we moved in.

Here we will convert this ugly number into a sleek, new chalkboard and save you lots and lots of $$.

ALL you need is a can of chalkboard paint and a brush. I got mine from Lowes, but I just saw recently that Walmart now also carries it.

This is what I used. This little can lasted me for probably 10 small projects.

A great secret, is if you want to speed up this process, use a hairdryer between coats,  then you won`t have to wait for it to dry.

My mirror took 3 coats.

I just painted the frame and everything with the chalkboard paint.

Lazy, I know.

After: Here she is when I was done.

I attached hangers on the back with super glue. They have done well for me. I don`t have a good picture of it hanging, but I have it up in the playroom now. 🙂

I like to write out my favorite quotes on it. Funny, one of my favs is the Julia Child quote on the PB version I have shown here.

_______________________________

I was inspired by this:

Below-

Pottery Barn`s version for a mere $99.00 – $149.00

Framed Chalkboard, 36 x 24", Black

“I was 32 when I started cooking. Up until then, I just ate”

-Julia Child

(I don`t turn 32 until next year. I guess there is still hope for me).

__________________________________________________

Another simple project.

I bought this on clearance at Joanns and thought it a little, well, gaudy.

After being painted and sanded off.

I am actually not sure where to put it right now and am thinking of painting it white and sanding it off again. I think I will like that better.

I think it will go outside somewhere when it gets warm. Any ideas?

A fun little project though.

Before: Here is something that might crack you up.

Our local Save and Serve Thrift Store has old Avon perfume bottles- buy 1, get 3 free.

Get the idea they would like to get rid of them?

It`s like (EVIL LAUGH): “Aha! You think you want one? Well, then you just got suckered into housing 4 of them. A-HAHA. We outsmarted you”!

Anyways- I enjoyed the challenge of seeing if I could make this gold and, again gaudy, little girl bottle look cool.

Here she is after:

Primed, spray painted and sanded off. A pretty little sticker gave her New Life.

I like how she looks old for real.

Have I mentioned I ADORE cool stickers/labels?

I ordered these cool labels from Amazon and they should come any day. Can`t wait!

I love to buy plain jar candles and then add my own labels. They look nice and luxe.

I think these would look AWESOME on a beat up old suitcase.

Well, tonight is Laila`s FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY!

My baby is one?!?! Happy and sad.

Have a happy day wherever you are.

comments

I love the chalkboard look – am hoping to do an inset in my pantry door with chalkboard in the new kitchen of the future.

2. Charity says:

Cute perfume bottle. I stopped in at Save & Serve yesterday after wanting to for years. They probably wondered what in THE WORLD you wanted with those bottles…but you got the last laugh, didn’t ya?

shannon- yeah i did my kitchen door glass into a chalkboard it looks better, i like to keep my shopping list on it.
      charity- i dumped the old perfume down the sink and it stunk up the house for days. strong stuff- that old lady perfume!!

3. Aimee says:

Love your fun ideas! Right up my alley! 🙂 And I’m addicted to chalkboard paint. Seriously. I think I probably have about 8 spraypaint cans of it in my paint room. You just never know when you might need it!

aimee, you seem like such an amazing person- i`d love to meet you one day! i think we`d have a lot to talk about. spray paint junkie here too.

All I wanted to say is that I LOVE IT that you are blogging so much again. I hadn’t checked for a week or so and I came back and there were like 4 posts! Awesome!

5. Mary June Miller says:

You’ve amazed me again! Keep showing us stuff – love it! Mj

oh my word that mirrow to a chalk board is just so awesome and gorgeouse! how did you ever think that one up! wow oh wow!

7. Wilma says:

What a great perfume bottle makeover! Maybe the next time I see one of these at Goodwill, instead of looking at it scornfully, I’ll buy it. I’m always just a little bit embarrassed when I buy something that’s so tacky & weird, because they have no idea what I’m doing with it, and probably think I like it like that! I may need to get over that. 🙂

8. Dorcas says:

You are amazing! I love what you did with the Avon bottle. So pretty.

9. Chelsea says:

The bottle turned out fabulously! I love the new color and the sticker looks great…I will have to keep my eyes open for similar bottles at my local thrift store.

Chelsea