Freezer Paper Fun.

Ever since I was WOWED by the cool ideas at MADE, that can be done with freezer paper- I have wanted to get into doing it.

Well, I got into it alright- AND NOW I CAN`T STOP.

Easier than it looks- the possibilities are endless.

Step 1- Figure out what you want your wording and font to be.

Step 2- Either print it out- or if it`s something that won`t print well (or you want to save a tree) you can trace it right from your screen.

Items needed:

Stylus

Iron

Freezer Paper

Pencil/ Paper

Fabric ink

Sponge brush

Cutting mat

(For best tutorial go HERE.)

Iron on freezer paper.

Apply paint.

Just a warning- peeling off the paper to reveal the creation is SO FUN.

I used burlap to make this one. I used cotton on the back, and lined it underneath, because burlap is scratchy and see through.

I think burlap is so pretty though…

_______________________________________

Inspiring related links and pictures:

Rustic Wall Organizer-so cool!

Banker Box Storage, Set of 3– also so cool!

______________________________________________

Here`s the second pillow I made. This very blah bench needed a friend.

It still needs another friend, called paint, but that will have to wait.

I love the simplicity of it.

The fabric for this pillow- is a beautiful soft, thick cotton. It is re-purposed fabric from a window treatment that was left here at our old/new house. The batting is all from thrift stores. You can get the ugliest pillows in the world wash them, bleach them and …cut them open.

Thrift store pillows are usually .50. Pillow forms new (Walmart, Joanns) are $3-6.

Up close, does not have to be perfect, that`s the beauty of it.

I made this with the left over letters from the rest pillow. Not sure yet what I will make it into.

Like I said, the possibilities are so endless. And it doesn`t have to stop with fonts. You could do sillouettes, shapes, pictures.

Varied paint colors would be fun too.

And also, pillows is just a start- I want (someday) to do a book bag, tablecloth, dishtowel, table runner, kid`s shirts, kid`s pants, window panel with wording.

I think it`s time for me to think of something else the rest of the day.

If you try this out- I`d love to see your pics. Include your link in the comments so we all can enjoy!!

___________________________________

Today`s SSS- (Super Simple Saver):

“Need new washclothes and own a sewing machine? Purchase a soft, nice looking bathrobe at the Goodwill for cheap. CutΒ it up in squares,Β zigzag the edges and hop in the shower”. πŸ™‚

From: Christine
Thank you so much, Christine! Loved the idea. πŸ™‚
comments

1. Wilma says:

Ooooooo… I just got a little giddy feeling inside! That’s SOOOOOO cool!

you are awesome! wow oh wow. that is amazing… like really amazing. what does n2 stand for?

3. Amber says:

I agree that’s amazing! Love it! The possibilities are endless!

4. Mary June Miller says:

I’ve been wanting to try this as well. Yours turned out lovely! Isn’t the internet so fun! What did we ever do without it?? I’m having a hard time finding the time to tackle some of these inspirations! With 4 littles, I don’t have much ‘putter’ time, but can’t wait to try anyway!
    Mj

5. Amber says:

Did you sew the cover together before painting it?

6. Aimee says:

Can’t wait to try the freezer paper! I’ve been reading about it and have been wanting to try it. Very cool pillows! πŸ™‚

7. dana says:

you’ve become an addict too! I’m so happy to hear that πŸ™‚
    Great pillows.

8. Jan says:

love the pillows!

9. Lydia Jo says:

Cool pillows! This craft is so on my list to do. I loved Dana’s president day shirts. Hoping to goof off with face pictures like that some day.

10. Thelma Musser says:

love it. crafty you.

this is off subject, and i feel like i’m always asking you this question, but where did you get those curtains, the linen-y/burlap-y ones?
    Still tossing ideas around in my head for living room curtains…

hey, thelma- it`s just fabric from joanns. it`s plain ol burlap. which i am in love with right now. i want to do a whole blog post on it one day here soon.

11. Jenny says:

This is a test to see if reply notifications work

12. Clarita says:

THIS is awesome!!! I saw those red pillows in a Pottery Barn magazine over Christmas, and thought I could do the same thing with embroidery. But the freezer paper is MUCH faster and there are endless more ideas! That look IS so in, and I really like it. Man, you’re giving me all kinds of inspiring ideas as I sit on my couch on this rainy day. πŸ™‚