Click to view larger.
1. My guest room, where I put all the junk that I love that doesn`t go anywhere else.
2. We have lived in our new/old house for 3.5 months now- and my favorite thing about it is the open windows in the living room where I can just GAZE out at the drifting snow, the stately town courthouse, and whoever is walking over to the lawyer`s office beside us. It soothes my soul every morning when I walk into the room. Btw- I`m not here to say this is a great lighting shot or anything. 🙂
3. “HOUSE / HOME”. I adore gluing little chalkboards to old silver found at thrift stores. Tarnished silver cleans up in seconds with a wet rag and Barkeeper`s Friend. Why people get rid of tarnished silver- well, I can`t wrap my brain around that. Anyways- they make great plant markers. We live in town and I want to put a raised bed in our back yard this spring. I`ll have to make more of these, I think they would look nice as row markers.
4. My chalkboard table- that I am sure ya`ll have seen before. The perfect addition to the playroom. Another fun thing to do– that can be seen here– is super glue pretty & cool plates to candle sticks. F-u-n. Nice place to display nice chocolates, or vintage postcards.
5. I had to “snap” this little birdie- because it`s another of the little (stinky perfume) AVON bottles I wrote about 2 posts ago. I LOVE little birdies and this one got spray painted and is quite darling in this jar, I think. She was quite ugly, but I don`t have a “before” pic.
6. Laila & I.
7. This is a plain old jar, leftover Reindeer moss and a “G” Christmas ornament. I bought the moss and ornament at Pottery Barn when we were there before Christmas. Two little (cheaper) reminders of G and my fun day in the city.
8. I got these darling little Gap shoes for Elle at a thrift store. I had washed them before I wore them on her and they were drying on the radiator so prettily, I had to include them. 🙂
9. Another play room picture. That`s Elle there. She thought it was very cool to put her little Strawberry Shortcake doll on the plate when I took a picture of it. I love her. 🙂
10. More upscale-ish places love to sell these clear, little votives– but Walmart makes them too (for a lotta less dollars) and I just LOVE to stick them all over plain, or embellish them with labels and twine.
11. A poster I ordered from Amazon. I tacked it onto a $3 thrift corkboard covered in burlap. I kinda like it– but haven`t hung it because something isn`t right yet. I think maybe the burlap should be white linen or something to keep the lines of the room soothing and fluid. I`m not really sure?? And ideas?
By now you are probably asking yourself why I do this waste my time making little collages and then typing about “pretty things”.
Well, this blog is my therapy. I come here when I`m bored or want to feel inspired. I ADORE following creative bloggers and feel so refreshed after looking at other lady`s gifts and expressions of beauty.
I think out loud on here and just kinda spit out what I`m rolling around in my pea sized brain at the time. I don`t think my neighbors care when I glue or measure, but I guess you do. Well, you`re here anyways… hahaha So yeah- I love the conversations, even if I don`t get 100% of my comments answered- I love to hear what you think and I love when you leave ideas or tell me what you`re working on.
Plus. God created this earth and when He did, He went all out. He didn`t paint the world in black and white. I`m pretty sure He got great pleasure from making the reds and the golds and all the lovely textures. For me, beauty is Worship. Worshipping the Creator of Beauty- He thought of it first.
[And He is ‘pretty good’ at that whole- turning trash to treasure thing too].
But that`s just me. 🙂
My SSS (Super Simple Saver) from me to you today is:
A link! A FABULOUS IDEA here (pictured below), and a very darling blog.
I AM A FAN.
(Photo from Rocky Bella)
So worth your time to check it out.
Thank you, Karli @ Rocky Bella! 🙂