Snapshots from my Teeny Tiny Kitchen, Pt 2.

Here is the kitchen “before”. ^^

More “before” kitchen pics here.

And “after”.

My colors at present are a natural green,

(think plants)

and pink.

(My wedding colors 7 years ago)

I guess I haven`t let that color combo die a natural death over here.

“I love mismatchedΒ  plates and cups. “

It should also say, “silverware”.

None of my silverware is matched. I love to find a fork or spoon from anywhere unique.

I especially love old silver.

It seems like such an adventure to put something in your mouth that a pirate or a farmer from opposite sides of the world, put into their mouths a 100 years ago.

I`m kidding.

But kind of.

Like maybe L.M Montgomery or Jane Austen instead. πŸ™‚

Hated my gas range when we moved in.

I kind of like it now. It IS old after all!

Stacks of old plates, mostly flowered,

some plain glass or white,

shown in the open shelving.

Probably the beloved plates of the pirate`s wife.

No, more likely the farmer`s wife.

View out my back window.

It was rainy when I took most of these pics.

When it rains- I feel happy like people do on a high.

I`m serious. I love rain.

My flowering crabapple tree made me VERY happy.

I wish it would have lasted forever.

Had to stick branches everywhere!

Everywhere!

I said that.

Love notes from sweeties in my life.

BRANCHES, yes.

Funny, how cool lemonade makes your day.

Or well, mine.

Flowers in a creamer pitcher.

My favorite quote EVER:

“Be pretty if you can,

Be clever if you must,

But be gracious if it KILLS you”.

“Product of France”.

The most creative country in the world.

In my opinion. πŸ™‚

Shelves. We took the doors off.

They will never be stuck back on.

Gold mirror/frame before.

Very gaudy.

Gold frame after!

When I stand at the stove to cook dinner…

This mirror is waist length so all I can see is my middle.

Wonder how that happened??

I love it, great to bend over,

and check my hair when the doorbell rings.

comments

1. Aimee says:

Your kitchen looks so warm and cozy and YOU! LOVE the stacks of old plates. So yummy and vintagy! Looks like the perfect spot for brunch with girlfriends! πŸ™‚

2. Angie says:

I love your kitchen and all your ideas! your style is similar to mine. I’m hooked on your blog! By the way i think you know my sister, Lisa Yoder

hey angie! yes, i know who you are! thanks so much for taking the time to comment. i love to hear from people that share my interests. πŸ™‚

so amazing! your talent is incredible. it doesn’t seem teeny, tiny in the photos.
    oh, and i am the same way about rain. it refreshes my soul. makes me so hopeful and excited.

4. Dorcas says:

Love your creativity and how you make your home a beautiful place.

If you love rain so much, you really should try Oregon any time but summer. You would be deliriously happy all the time.

5. Dorcas says:

Quoted the rain part and linked you on Life in the Shoe.

6. Becky says:

very pretty, jenn! makes me get all creative…until i realize that all the “pretties” can take up too much space in our small-ish house. πŸ™‚ and i always used to think that i only like new houses…but you make me think about that twice. πŸ™‚

7. Yay for the pictures! You have done amazing things there! LOVE the mirror behind the stove. I thought I saw it in one of the first pictures and then you said later that it *was* a mirror. How clever! I think mirrors do wonders in small spaces. Like someone else commented, you’d never know from the pictures that you have a small kitchen. So darling! My favorites: mirror behind the stove, pictures with clothespins, stack of mismatched plates.

And I’m VERY sad, but our weekend is so short I’m not going to be able to work something in with you! Can’t tell you how badly I wish I could make it work… We’re driving with other people and while that’s fun, we’re on their schedule too… One day!! πŸ™‚

8. Sandi says:

Jenny, the pictures are great, but your house is even prettier in real life. Have I ever mentioned I love to read your stuff – you make me laugh. And wow, you even got linked by “Life in the Shoe!” Seriously, though, I love to read, and am so glad you, Dorcas, and others have such a way with words and allow us to enjoy it with you.:) Have a good day!

thanks sandi- you`re too sweet! i often tell galen you have the gift of encouragement! πŸ™‚ dorcas, is great- i remember you saying you love to read her. yes, i was quite flattered/humbled by her link.