Mom n Sisters, Rain, Coffee.

Yesterday was the perfect kind of day.

It started out with breakfast at Der Dutchmans- to celebrate mom`s Mother`s Day.

Belated, yes.

Btw, the Der Dutch buffet is so good. The french toast and baked oatmeal with rhubarb yogurt was to DIE FOR. And I`m not just saying that because I work there.

Then.

We decided to “hit” a few antique malls. We went to the one in Walnut Creek (best prices) and the one across from Hiland High School (best selection).

The key at both places is to stay on the porch. They have the best stuff out on the porch.

I bought a cute birdhouse $6, a short fat tin pail (for weeds) $6, a cool vintage postcard $1, and these birds $2 (below).

You might say “ugly”, yes, you may.

I painted mine white- shocker, I know. And I have to say they look pretty cute-o.

Inspiration (above) came from Tracey @ French Larkspur.

My current favorite blog.

Here is Julana looking darling with her green jacket and baby bump.

Three cheers for baby Yoder #3 on the way. 🙂

___________

Anyways- the day was colder than COLD! It was awful we needed winter coats so bad. Oh, and it was raining lots.

Not your pretty kind of day.

So we went to Java Jos Coffee Bar in Berlin.

It was so warm and cozy in there.

Plus, the lighting was so nice. Mmmm…

I couldn`t stop snapping pics- the lighting was so perfect.

^^My other sister, Joy and my baby, Laila.

Mom had to leave after the one antique mall so I never got her on any pictures. Sad.

Happy Mom`s Day anyways. Love ya!

Laila is all “over in ice cream dreamland”.

“Here let me help you, baby.”

Rainy days call for CUTE KID`S RAIN BOOTS.

They make me smile. 🙂

Julana, Joy and I- the married sisters.

I love being with my sisters.

We all talk super loud, it`s always humbling but fun.

My little sister Jacinta with Isaac and his curls.

“I love you Isaac!”

Elle dream is to get a cone at Java Jos.

Every time we drive by that place, she asks if we can stop for a cone.

It was so fun to tell her “YES!” this time, when she (sure enough), asked.

I loved telling her GRACIE will be there too. She was thri-il-led.

The kidders and I.

Aw, sigh.

Today I am just at home (I like that lots too)- so I am doing mundane stuff- painting a room, doing laundry, changing bed sheets, and managing girls and their constant girlie squealing.

Later! Jenny

comments

1. marilyn says:

You perfectly describe the 2 antique malls. Love both of them…. (sometimes the music makes me nutty but…. 🙂
    Great picture of Julana…you are so cute girl!

Looks like lots of fun. I like the “We all talk super loud, it`s always humbling but fun” line……Made me wish my sisters didn’t live so far away!

2. Jenny says:

yes. i noticed they LOVE bluegrass music at the walnut creek one. 🙂

3. Aimee says:

This post makes me want to come visit ohio so bad!! like right now! Antique malls – yes!! love the one in Walnut Creek and can’t wait to go back! hopefully this summer…

4. Anonymous says:

thanks for the inspiration, i got off the computer for a few minutes and painted a basket i have been meaning to paint

5. Joy says:

jenny jenny, you have done it again, what a fun day! and i am so glad we have real internet now so i can actually look at your site. love it and i love you….

you’re so lucky to have family close by! you all look you just have the most fun together! antiques, sisters, mom and coffee; a perfect combo!

7. Julia Miller says:

That was such a fun morning together. If I would have known you all were gonna keep shopping and eating I would have come back and met up with you somewhere, After I had fed dad and the boys lunch. I had to laugh at the Adam and Eve picture.So, so funny.

8. Linda Hershey says:

i always say birds are not my thing but everytime i see you with birds…i say, well…maybe!
    so cool that all three of you talk loud. i just feel personally that loud is the only way to talk.
    so cool that you have family to hang with. wish i did. sniff.

i have to comment on this post! that day was awesome. looks fun looking back on it. man i never even saw you bought those birds. man you made them look cute! pictures are awesome… love!

10. Christy says:

love the post and i can’t wait to see you and little laila soon!

11. Cindy says:

Looks like a good time!
    I always feel this longing inside when I read about sisters. I didn’t grow up with any, but I am told that it really can be one of the neatest connections.

I’m amazed at your birds! Or rather, your creative brain that saw the potential to actually turn them into something that looks so cool!