Kid Sibs.

This week has been such a rat race. I said rat race because I get tired of “busy”.

Anyways, this week has been run, run, run so far. I have too many projects I`m working on right now. It`s so fun I`m delirious, literally. ๐Ÿ™‚ I`ll post pictures one day.

Last night I was so sick of a cruddy house. After my girls were sleeping, G was down here working on school stuff on the computer, and so I cleaned our house. It was after 1 am until I was done. I know a bit nutso– but I can clean my whole house in about 2 hours, if the girls are OUT– it take me 1 day for each floor if they are awake and destroying. I`m not lying.

Anyways– so YAWN, I woke up this morning and it felt like Christmas! Clean house! I came down here poured myself some coffee with Hazelnut creamer, ate my oatmeal by my computer…

It`s been such a lovely morning so far, thank you. Girls are still in (my) bed actually. Elle says our bed is ‘so fuzzy’ (new designer sheets from Gabriel Bros)– pretty much the girls try to get to our bed as fast as they can, whenever they can.

When they arrive, and then fall back asleep after G leaves, that is usually my cue to get up and face the day.

Does anyone else do this?

The first thing I think of when I wake up in the morning is:

Did I leave the house trashed last night? Or is it tidy? (to borrow a word that got left behind in the 50s)

If the night before G and I took the time to “re-set” the house as we call it– I wake up like it`s happyland downstairs.

What is the first thing you think of when you wake up every morning?

Well, I don`t have pictures uploaded of the projects I`m working on yet… And my brothers were here last night to order their pictures I had taken for them awhile back, so I thought I would put their pictures on as my photos of the post today…

Oh, but before I do that, my friend Shelly had something on her Facebook page a few days ago, that she saw on a blog somehwere, and it just sticks with me:

So good, here goes,

“Most women haven`t given themselves totally to motherhood, understanding that it will take their all- their time, body, life, moments, rights, everything, to build a Godly legacy. They think their children are taking up their time without realizing that God gave them children in order to provide them with an eternal work to do.”

Powerful.

I hope this touches you like it did me. Thanks, Shelly and mystery blogger, somewhere…

***

There are 6 kids in my family. The oldest 3 are girls– and we are all married… (Happily)

These are the 3 still living at home…

Jason is 19.

Some day I need to scan in some old pictures of him when he was a baby/toddler. My brothers were my ‘dolls’ when I was a teenager. I loved to get them dressed up in all kinds ofย  ridiculous outfits, gelled their hair, pegged their pants, wore white socks with brown shoes, took lots of pictures of them. Just a lot of ridiculousness. Sorry boys.

They turned out great. Well, I don`t see them much… but I think they are doing quite well.

Jordan, you`re welcome for this picture where one, (girl), can look into your eyes and see your very soul.

Oh wait. Nevermind, it`s just a smirk.

Cute little 3 people.

hi.

Hi.

HI.

HI!

Their names are: (see above)

Jacinta loves her puppies.

So SERIOUS.ย  Awshucks, didn`t work out to go hunting then after all?

(He likes to hunt)

Jordan, get the guitar pick out of your mouth.

`Cinta and my Elle belly.

Jordan!

Jordan is 17. He just bought a truck. He is very funny, particular (in a tidy way) and sweet to my girls.

I adore my sibs.

— (And my brothers are both quite single, in case any nice, little 15 (you really are too young to think about this kind of thing yet), 16, 17, 18, or 19 year old girl ever climbs on my blog and was wondering)

Just here to serve!

Jenny

comments

1. Sarah says:

I am sure your “little Brothers” are very pleased with thier “Free” plug! They may someday, be VERY indebted to you! =)

2. Thelma says:

I love that motherhood quote you shared….i think Clarita said something to that effect the other day, but I would have to check. It might not have been. It had been my muse off and on, when I feel like Abbi might be being a bother, or wants to play ‘blocks’ for like the millionth time. It really helps to put things in perspective.

as far as first thoughts of the day….(i liked that, by the way). I usually think of a way to get out of my workout. and then think about how much sooner the workout would be over if I would jsut get up and do it. it’s usually not on thoughts of house tidiness.

3. clarita says:

Yes, I know busy. I get so so tired of it too… It makes me a much less patient mother (not that I’ve got extra patience to begin with)…

And I LOVE those morning of little girls snuggling in bed. Did it the last two mornings. ๐Ÿ™‚ Just so cozy!

And I think that “anonymous blogger” was me. ๐Ÿ™‚ Or at least I used that quote in my last post. Small world!

Hope the fun of creating and projects compensates for the busyness otherwise!

And OH OH OH! You have GOT to see this vintage photo shoot one of my friends did. I have gone back there numerous times just to sit and gape. ๐Ÿ™‚ http://www.stoltzfusinstrasburg.blogspot.com

4. minnie says:

oh thats hilarious. ๐Ÿ™‚ i love your ‘advertizing’. had to laugh at loud.

5. Shelly says:

That little quote on my face book page came from Clarita at Life is a Dance.

6. Beth says:

What is the first thing you think of when you wake up every morning?

A: can i get my daughter to go back to sleep so I can sleep longer???

haha

and then I do the same thing you do… how does the house look? It feels soooo good to have my house cleaned up when I wake up in the morning!

7. Heather says:

Haha. You’re making me laugh. I think this is your way of starting a dating service for the “conservatives.” ๐Ÿ™‚

It is so funny that you used the word tidy and mentioned it comes from the ’50s. On Hannah’s job and school chart I listed an afternoon tidy and an evening tidy. When Joe saw it he said NO one uses the word tidy these days. And one day later I spot it on your blog. Yes, it is an old word. I think next weeks chart will be a little more hip and trendy. So what is the “in” word these days? Cleanup? Straighten? Neaten? ๐Ÿ™‚

Can’t wait to see what projects are filling your time these days…..

8. Shelly N. says:

Ha! I saw that “your friend shelly” had that quote on her FB, so I thot you meant me and was going to come correct you and say that it was actually *clarita*, but that the original quote source was Sally Clarkson from itakejoy.com. But looks like another Shelly, and Clarita and Thelma already cleared all that up. But, if you haven’t read any of SC’s books, you should. Powerful! And she’s my new “when I grow up, I wanna be a mom just like” hero.

I’m trying to fall clean right now before this bebe comes . . . and like you said, it takes a DAY to do one small thing with two littles at my feet~and a huge stomach that doesn’t fit into small spaces. I finally “caved” and asked for help in the cleaning department too (along with some of my decorating projects around here) . . . my amish neighbor girl is coming next week to help for a few hours: with windows and some walls. I never thot I’d see the day when I’d ask someone to help me in my small house. I mean, for WEEKS now I’ve been telling myself that I. can. do. it. myself. But now that I’ve asked . . . I’m so happy and can’t wait til Monday. ๐Ÿ™‚

this all made me laugh because my friend shelly has been one of my best friends since we were kids. i was just laughing inside, because what if i would have went on and on in my post about about how “shelly” is a bestie and we are so close, etc., etc. and you would have thought i meant you and you`d have been like– boy, she read a lot more into this online “we read eachother`s blog” friendship we share. haha cracking me up.

9. Gloria says:

Your brother Jason looke just.like.you!!!!!

My first thouhts of the morning are all about getting kids out the door for the bus. Well….actually before that is wether or not I have to leave for work.

The quote about motherhood is a little tricky.
    I say that because I believe it’s important to NOT lose yourself to moterhood. My most important relationsip is with my Maker….a thought I’m certain whoever wrote the quote agrees with….but in the midst of mothering, I need to be aware of taking time to regroup…without them…so I have time and energy to give to them…so I can be te best version of who GOD made me to be.
    Not trying to be argumentative….

10. Gloria says:

never mind all my typos ^^^^. didn’t take the time to read thru before I hit submit.

The first thing I think about when I get up “Do I have to work today?” And then if I don’t…I feel relieved.

12. Melissa S. says:

What are my thoughts upon waking? usually not on the condition of the house. . . hhmmm. . . I am a very slow waker-upper so it usually takes me a while to have ANY thought!

And by the way, I have 7 sisters, 5 of whom are “unclaimed”. They are 11, 17, 19, 22, and 26. But they don’t really appreciate my matching making services so much. . . something about ‘they can figure it out themselves’?!

13. Anna Kauffman says:

Jenny, I want you to know I always read your blogs. I don’t comment often and I should more because I know it means something to you when people do.
    I love your creative ways and I especially love your passion for your God, your husband, and your kids. The quote on Motherhood kept spinning in my mind. I spent a lot of time yesterday making that quote into something I could post above my sink. I’ll send it to you