Art Room {Before & After}

Before, and yes, after.

***

This was how the room looked before we even moved in.

I remember when we opened the door to this room, I just felt overwhelmed. Could it ever be a cute room?

My sisters came over one day to paint the shelves and walls right before we moved.

It helped a LOT, but the room was still always “trashy”. The kind of room that has the door shut all the time, and if you wanted to walk into it you had to walk around stuff. The other night I laid in bed and thought,

Life for that room does not have to be that way.

Kidding. But anyways– I had this renewed mission to make something of the utter chaos in that pit.

Oh, as a PS. I will say also that that room made me blue-sy because the previous owners had a cat in it that obviously liked to occasionally take a leak, yes pee, in it. I have shampooed the carpets twice with bleach, used two bottles of litter cleaner, the faint smell lingers on. It is *actually* very very frustrating as well as… gross.

Die, cat, die. πŸ™‚

AFTER!

Anyways– here is the room after a day of me and the girls wading in.

We`d like to welcome you….

to a cleaner room!

Funny, how this room is now my favorite room in the house.

I could tinker in there all day and never get bored.

The chalk board says.

“Welcome to my art room. It`s fun in here”.

Did I mention I love my dressmaker`s form?

It still has it`s original JC Penneys tag on it. I like to hang all kinds of things upon her that inspire me.

One side of the shelves. There is another side justΒ  like it on the right side also.

Candy jar holds my note cards. Now I get all excited to write out thank you cards.

Ribbon on a skinny rod hung with ribbons. Bought the rod at Walmart for .59.

Cute things out and smiling! Instead of in dusty bins and boxes.

Two projects I was working on when I snapped the pic.

Bulletin board. What I have hanging on here changes constantly.

I love you, I really do. πŸ™‚

The camera in the back means a lot to me. It is EXACTLY like the one my parents shot all my childhood pictures with. When I click it, to take a fake pic, all these memories come flooding back of how cool that camera was to me when i was 5…

While I was on the rampage, I organized the room outside of the art room too.

Weird shot– should have been deleted.

I have a bunch more pictures of the art room, but just thought it`d be fun to share a few now.

Happy After Cyber Monday day to ya!

My hus bought a Droid, I didn`t buy a thing. πŸ™‚ Jenny

comments

1. Cindy says:

I’m in awe again!! I absolutely love what you dis to this room! Your amazing. I could settle myself right in there
    for a long time. Many fun hours ahead for you and your girls! -Cindy

2. Anonymous says:

Oh wow, when I get big, I want a room right like that.
    Becky Fox

i love the ART ROOM. I’M glad you got it back to your dream art room! i wanna come in and take a closer look. looks like a roon i could just looooook AND LOOK AT. looks like you found the “perfect” spot for your dress maker form too!!

4. Esther Glick says:

i’ll take the dress form, please! πŸ™‚

5. Bevy says:

Hello, I don’t know if I’ve ever commented before but I come out of hiding to say ‘hello’. You’re art room inspires me a lot. πŸ™‚ I love it.
    But…And…I would have to agree with you the “cat” has got to go. Die, cat. Die. That cracked me up.

It looks like you and I have a lot of the same tastes only you’ve implemented them *into your room* more then I have.

Recently, my husband and I rearranged our spare room/office/sewing room (more my sewing room than anything) and now… I can’t find anything. πŸ˜‰

I also have a fan similar to yours with black and white photos… fun stuff.

God bless your week.
    ~Bevy

6. clarita says:

OOOoooooooooooohhhh *hand over heart*. I DREAM of an art room like that! Except in my wildest dreams, I don’t think I could ever have it looking as amazing at yours! I have my craft/art/sewing/project supplies scattered in all corners in our house, well, I guess mainly in our laundry room (the only room outside of the two bedrooms that has drawers and cupboards), but scattered all over and it’s DEFINITELY too small to ever create a project in there. So it’s drug all over the house to various places, namely the dining room table, which is right inside the front door, which means I feel like I can never just leave a project out and work on it over time. It has to be completed in ONE DAY or else the house looks like a catastrophe. Not that you needed to hear all that or anything, but just saying, I LOVE YOUR ART ROOM!!!!! I love how it’s not only extremely organized, but so fun and beautiful. How fun must it be to work in there?! And your dressmakers form… drooling over that… Also your ribbon holder – I’ve been wanting to do that too but have no where to do it. Hence all my ribbons are tangled in a box with wrapping paper and tissue paper and boxes… Can you tell that I just love your art room?! πŸ™‚

7. Sandi says:

Can I please come make something in your art room? πŸ™‚

8. Michelle says:

Jennie, I would PAY to come make something in your art room! It looks like SO much fun! You should do that. You know how CM consultants will sometimes have a place set up where you can come scrapbook? You should let people rent your art room … or do project workshops. I would so come!