Why i can`t blog today…

Does your laundry ever make you want to weep?

It might be my favorite household chore, but wow, when I get behind, it just kind of breeds on me.

This is one, of FOUR total baskets I had to carry up two flights of stairs. It is clean and ready to fold. When I carried this one up, it was so tall it was sagging down to my ankles. I couldn`t see well carrying it, and stumbled at the top of the first stairs, tripped over something (stupid toy) and stubbed my toe, HARD. Blasted laundry!

(I looked blasted up in the urban dictionary to make sure it wasn`t bad, and it basically means Super-stupid.)

Elle said so sweetly from the playroom,

“You ok, mom?”

“Yes, Sugar.”

I ♥ my drying racks. We fork over less money to the electric company as well. More money for more important things.

Yup, I fold on my bed. This was half of what I folded.

Sadly, there is even more there than it looks like. It` s queen size bed, and quite deep. sigh.

All the girl`s clothes now folded.

~~~

JUST REMEMBER

The laundry will always be there for you.

I know it to be true.

Also,

There is no post as boring as one about laundry.

comments

1. Jo says:

Yes. My laundry makes me want to weep.

2. christine says:

Wishing your post would have been longer…..now I need to go back to my laundry already.

3. Kendra Z. says:

hey, i feel the same way about laundry……..love it most of the time…but, when there’s too much…..kinda overwhelming/depressing. and, i fold on my bed too. glad to know i’m not the only one:)

4. Thelma says:

ooh, i’ll join the bed folder club. we always do it there too. we, being my husband child and I. I usually end up leaving the laundry till sat. and Daryl is so much more dilligent about remembering to switch the loads and stuff. then we just dump it all on the bed, usually late sat. afternoon and fold it, while Abbi bounces everywhere.
    Laundry is not my favorite thing.

5. Beth says:

I’m with the gal who said the post was too short & she needs to get back to hers again. Yes, my laundry makes me weep! Loved the post. So tell me, was that a week’s worth?! 🙂

6. Sandra Hershey says:

Oh no I’m on the other end..I love doing the laundry!!..wanna do my dishes….I really dislike washing dishes. Which I finally have a dishwasher for the first time..so yeah its better!

HOW IN THE WORLD can a family of 4 have that much laundry stacked up?? I really don’t get it? We have 5 in our family and I don’t think we go through that much. (Guess I don’t know what time period this laundry was accumulated over?)

I’m kind of with Sandra. I don’t mind laundry at all. The kids help me with it now and I do it every couple days.

Anyway, glad you are done with that now! I can see why you wouldn’t have had time to blog. Or, why you would have needed a tiny little escape from that pile to blog!

a trip set us back– i never recovered, it just piled up… laila was completely out of clothes. so what you see on that bed is all she owns. 🙂
      trust me– in my whole life, i was never so far behind before.

8. Jenn Smucker says:

exactly how many pieces of clothes do you guys own? THAT is a ton of clothes!

9. Tracy says:

I’m with Jenn that is a ton of clothes!! Not even sure we own that many. I kinda enjoy doing laundry so mine doesn’t usually pile up too much. Once your girls are older they can help alot. I got little baskets for my girls and put their clean unfolded clothes in their baskets and put them in their room then they fold them and put away. It is really nice.

10. Gracious, you don’t even need to go to the gym. Just carry four baskets of laundry up and down two flights of stairs and you’ll be as fit as a trainer. 🙂

11. Anonymous says:

happy to know you use your bed for folding too… i dread laundry days and the day after always feels like a holiday. ha.

i cannot believe all the pink in your laundry…. a very foreign scene for me.

12. Rachel H. says:

since when do i come up as ananymous? not trying to be freiky or anything. 🙁 Rachel H.

laundry, is my LEAST favorite household task.
    in other words; i push it off til it is either taking over the house, or someone is nearing nakedness.
    you know what i thought about with all your piles of clothes? all the varying colors!! love it! =)

i think my laundry *has* made me weep once. but i do it everyday. maybe i should let it pile up. but i have this terror i would NEVER get it done, if i don’t do some every day.