Life & Peace.

You know how you have all these thoughts rattling around in your head? And all at once, one day, standing by your washing machine/sitting in church/ laying in bed (hating insomnia)- you get it- and it all matches together.

And you feel like the oddest little conversations or encounters with people you had in the last 3 days, something your little daughter said in passing, verses you came in touch with, a sermon at your church and a fight you had with your husband (only hypothetical!!) ALL tie together with something that GOD is trying to show you.

And then you feel you want to try to share it all with someone (I do), but you aren`t sure if it will all make sense. But here I am. And I will try.

So help me God.

And, that sounded like I was cussing. I meant that literally.

Let me start with yesterday, our pastor, Burnell, preached on the New Birth, and what stuck out to me the most, was what he said at the end, about God and how He brings us to growth. He isn`t the grating, sinister voice of condemnation I hear rasping in my ear. He is the gentle, LOVING voice calling me to deeper conviction. Calling me to be more in tune with him than I was yesterday.

So. Condemnation/Satan. “Just try harder, Jenny. If you could just be more disciplined on your own- you could maybe, possibly one day be  the mother you dream of being. Pull up them bootstraps. The Bible is ok and all- but read more parenting magazines and chat with your friends more. They are so much more practical for everyday life and easier to digest”

This whole train of thought was not new with me. But felt new again.

And as I was praising GOD for showing me this again; I really came captivated with this passage- below.

~~~

Romans 8: 1 -8

(English Standard Version)

1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

3 For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh,

4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.

6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

7 For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God’s law; indeed, it cannot.

8 Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

~~~

Isn`t that so good? It`s like the whole passage was new for me again. ha. Actually, maybe new for me for the first time- really.

And now I want to talk a little bit about the parts of the passage I highlighted.

No condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Mom guilt anyone? I am going to be completely honest. Sometimes mom guilt almost completely eats me alive. I still remember before I had children (and was wanting them badly) I heard a Focus on the Family program about that very thing- Mom Guilt. My mouth was just kinda hanging open. I didn`t have children- I had no idea this monster was out there. I thought about that program for DAYS after- and just chewed on it in my head.

And then I had two (thank you, JESUS.) And ever since then, MG has kinda hung out with me.

Here is how it manifests itself for me. It`s Monday- everyone/everything needs me. The house is all piled up with work. My calendar looks full for this week. So MUCH on my mind. Words, sad stories, and relationships- all that other stuff is crowded in there too. I feel so HEADY. Like my head is all stuffy and I have no visible path to walk on. Well, the girls are going to be knee deep in playdough, movies, and art projects on the table for today. My girls are almost-3 and 4, and they can go “auto- pilot” pretty easily actually. They are happy mostly- it kinda works.

drawing fruit.

typical kitchen table.

We go this route for 2 maybe 3 days, and I am axing things off my mental “to do” list.

On day 3, once life has slowed down for the week, any of the following could happen: I am inspired/condemned by all the “do it with your kids” pins on Pinterest. Someone in my Facebook feed really goes out of their way and does something amazing with their children. I dwell on the fact that teaching is not my gift. I am horrified by a sad story of a homelife of someone else- fear grips me- I think, what if that happens to us if I don`t Quality Time my girls enough. I read a Bible passage, and it condemns me- not convicts me. I let MomTalk make me feel failing. I feel too tired (I have nothing left to give) to read stories, and dream of being a better me.

Then that night, resting festering in bed- I let MG take over. I feel condemned for my weaknesses and any TINY fault I see in my girls I think.

Have I made them this way with my dysfunctional, human ways?

I lose sleep that night. The next day is rough. I feel, not clinically depressed, but down. Feeding the guilt and feeling empty with nothing left to give- I take some “Me Time” that day. I need to relax, maybe.

I take a long walk, I read, I watch a movie, I take a hot bath, I sit on Facebook, I buy groceries alone, I surf Pinterest, I text or message with a friend, I read a magazine.

NO. ARGH! THIS IS NOT WORKING! THERE IS NOW SO MUCH “I” IN MY LIFE!

This is making it worse! Now I am snapping at my family and my husband comments that he is a little concerned because my disposition seems a little bit…. grouchy???

Really?

…who walk not according to the flesh; but according to the Spirit.

Ah…. I get it now, God.

I had “Spirit” on a diet- and meanwhile was bingeing, and having midnight feasts with “Flesh”. What you feed, grows apparently.

No wonder I feel so gross mentally, spiritually, emotionally.

…but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

Life and peace. Yes please! I`ll have more of summa that good stuff. The WORD refreshes and encourages. It starts my day right, and guides it with wisdom for my girls, and STRENGTH & STABILITY for my emotions that I didn`t even know was humanly possible. Oh wait, it`s not (humanly possible).

And here are my wants for today:

I want to find myself drawn to my recliner, and Galen`s awesome new Study Bible when I have free time.

I want to feel woo-ed and drawn away from, Hulu or a chick flick that in no way brings glory to God. I want to eject it in the middle of watching it if i need to, and walk away in peace, knowing I do not “need” what it has to offer me.

I want to start my day praying. Praying that when I see “odd people” in town I will see a heart that Jesus is in love with.

I want to spend time watching YouTube videos/online radio of teachers I love that speak TRUTH in a dark world. Louie Giglio, Chip Ingram, Beth Moore, Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Alistair Begg, Paul Washer, David Platt, Al Menconi, Francis Chan, and Mark Driscoll are a few I have loved already in life.

I want to want to give more of my time to others. Hard for me.

I want to enjoy the little earthly things in life: a lovely new bowl-set from the thrift store, the morning sunlight coming through the window, a bird singing, my new Country Living magazine, the fact my windows are clean (they aren`t- that was hypothetical), a clean house, something fun I sewed, a girl`s night out, a letter from a friend, a long walk alone…

…as part of the joy of my earthly LIFE, but not as my Soul Food.

That`s all, friends! I don`t fancy myself a Bible teacher, and if you got anything out of this- well, praise God. Part of the reason I blogged about this was to make is more real for me. Something outside of just my head.

I`d love to hear what is on YOUR mind in all this. There is so much joy in being open with each other and honest about what our lives really look like. And when you pray- pray for the christian women in your life. You can pray for me!

We need each other- christian women looking out/loving/encouraging other women- is a beautiful thing.

PS. This post seems like a little bit of a joke to me- since I had to neglect my girls while I wrote it. Life.

PPS. If you want to read an “Oh my stars great!”  mom-style blog-post- then do not miss this one.

God bless your day!

jenny

~~~

A few pictures:

mismatched sisters.

they love rough, fun play.

this daddy is nuts about his girls- all 3 of us.

gingerbread making expectation!

failure in every way.

comments

Love this Jenny, really do. So much to think about. I’ll have to go read it all again to digest it. Thanks for posting.

2. shannon says:

I so resonate with this post – sometimes the things that I know I should be improving in/doing better as a mom are so overwhelming that i feel like I need to bury those thoughts in computer/fun things/etc… just to get away from feeling like such a failure. My life seems so frantic and busy with so many demands that I don’t know how even meet – sometimes that’s the problem, not only do I know I should be doing better, but I don’t always know what I should be doing. Arghhhh – This year I have purposed in my heart that I will seek God and ask him to show me ( also made a deal with myself that the only way I can eat breakfast is if I read my Bible while doing it – no matter if it’s noisy or distracting – if I can manage 5 minutes to get food in my mouth than I can read a Bible verse at the same time. So far that’s worked pretty good to at least get me reading.)

no bible/ no breakfast. i LOVE that idea. i am for real- going to do that. my breakfast and coffee is a bit of a highlight. wishing we could gab about this in real life… 🙂 loved what you had to say! i so relate.

3. Laurie says:

This was for me…”Gentle Calling/God. “Be with me. I love you. I have the answers you are looking for. Read my book.” Somehow its the other, the nagging depressing guilt that I think I really should listen to. But to remember that Jesus doesn’t want my feeble attempts at perfection but for me to follow Him and learn from him is really a huge relief. An old verse that hit me all over again yesterday was, “Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” Matt. 11:29 What you wrote here today and that verse make me excited anew about learning from the Teacher who is gentle and lowly in heart.

Laurie, this was really touching (read: lump in the throat) for me, in a couple ways. thanks for sharing/inspiring. <3

4. Mom says:

Jenn- This post was so well written and I had to cry through it .The passage of scripture in Romans 8 was a blessing to read through and be refreshed.We must be related because I could relate in alot of ways:) We will not be perfect creatures here, but we strive to know more and more of God’s ways and to become more like Him.You are a good good mom.God bless you,dear.

5. Trina says:

Thanks for taking the time to put that all into words, it has given me lots to thing about today. I needed to hear that because right now i feel like all i do is worry about the future, we are having a baby boy in march and so i am getting to the end and this pregnancy has been a tough one. At the beginning i was surviving, in the middle i enjoyed it, and now i am worrying that this baby won’t be healthy and that i won’t have the strength to care for him if he isn’t. So your verses have made me think that He does want to give me peace and that these feelings are not coming from Him even if this life isn’t easy He has promised to be with us. I don’t really know where that all came from sorry! I don’t usually comment on your posts but i love them. Keep on posting.

6. carmen says:

I feel like I could sit here and bawl. In fact I did cry while reading this, (something that I don’t do often when reading) and then that sweet note from your mom just above my comment here…. made me get a huge lump in throat again.

Thanks so much for sharing this very well written blog Jenny! !

Just 2 days ago I was having coffee w/ friends and sharing with them how m.u.c.h. I long to have ‘joy’ in my life…. seriously. Especially to give to my dear little family/husband, who deserve so much more then I give them!! Joy in spite of life not being perfect. Joy in spite of frustrations I face as a mommy with demanding little ones who n.e.e.d. me 24/7. Joy when I don’t feel like my husband (who is in fact a very good one) doesn’t make me happy because of this or that. Joy even though I’ve been mistreated. Joy even when life feels rotten. Joy – because of who has put Himself within me and gives me HIS supernatural joy. Yes, I am/have been on a quest for joy. So this is hitting the nail squarely on the head for me. It’s not that what you share is new, just such a good confirmation that what I’m longing for can only be met one way!

Here’s the tension I feel.
    (Get ready….it’s pretty blah blah blah blah.)
    The entire family is half sick (but me, thank God) and I get up so many times through the night….I’m exhausted and sleep until I h.a.v.e to roll (literally) out of bed to get oldest child off to school. Then the other 2 littles wake up…need breakfast, baths, bed sheets change because of pee, attention, noses wiped, lunch, answer phone, read text message from hurting soul, rock toddler, read books to 3 year old, nap time. sigh….. I’m so exhausted. I fall asleep a few breif moments after I sit and recline/read. Sleep as long as the littles let me. Wake up. O NO, what about the laundry, messy house, supper. I haven’t even brushed my teeth yet. ugh. Go get child at school. Eveyone is awake. And they (I’m sure) feel my growing agitation and are crabby and fighty and cry-y…. The tension rises within me. Husband calls to see how things are going and say when he’ll be home from work…hears my frustation (again) and crying children in background. I’m mad at myself, and so sad, for not being able to offer more to him, and the littles. They really deserve so much more then this. So, I find myself falling into bed that night physically and emotionally wore out and angry (at myself). Granted, I’m almost 30 wks pg right now, and the family isn’t always sick. But it seems there’s always something like this going on. Certainly I can do better then this. AND where is that precious, so v.i.t.a.l, time with my Source of JOY??!??

I need ideas….. I’d love to hear some insight on how to find quality God time, and ways to get the most out of what I read. Now, that’s the other quandry I’m have. I can “put in time”, but want more then that! Reading is not my first learning ability – I learn/understand much better by hands on, show me, watching, listening. Reading is pretty much last. I always wished I would read more, but that’s just how I’m made. So, why are all the devotional helps, bible reading plans, etc. put into the o.n.e. box called reading. Is no one else out there who gets way more out of the above mentioned types of learning? What about us? What’s out there that I don’t know about?

I know, whine whine whine…..

p.s. I had a policy for a number of months that I need to get back to. No internet until I’ve had time w/ God. No internet after husband is home from work. I know if I get back into that, it’ll help – at least some. But, to be honest right now, my internet time is pretty sporatic too.

Looking forward to chatting more about this tomorrow at the double arches steak house! 😉

Goodness, nothing like writing a ‘blog’ just to comment!

I’m going to shut up now!!

• Jan says:

I love online audio bible – you can find all versions. I started using that when I was preg. with my youngest. I would inwardly gripe over the quantity I didn’t read, instead of focus on what few verses I did. Just to sit, hear, think and relax was wonderful! This year I’ve kinda felt burned out from all the school reading, so we’re back to audio for Bible this year too, it’s one of the best things I’ve done. It’s okay to have your devotions with your kids sometimes too, as moms of littles we let go of a lot of alone time. I still crave that one on one feeling with God. But, this is a season, it is so much easier for me to have 15 min. to myself this year than it’s been for a long time. And, I’ve changed, it no longer makes me feel like less of a saint when I have to read my devotions with littles in the same room. It helps me absorb what I hear if I take (very short hand) notes, nothing I usually keep long term, but can tack up on the fridge or lay next to the stove for the day. God loves us mothers, He knows our desires, He cares for us.

7. Amy Burkey says:

I don’t know who you are but I can really relate to your post. Really much. I don’t know how that helps but hope knowing you’re not alone helps. But anyhow….about reading. YouVersion Bible App works nice for getting in Bible reading. You can have it read to you. I really like that.

I really liked this post. Those same verses have been important in my life lately. I love the realness of this post. Thanks for articulating it out loud here…it was encouraging.

8. Amy Burkey says:

I was trying to reply to “carmen’s” post on my first paragraph! 🙂 ^^^

9. Joy says:

There is so much truth/blessing/inspiration in this blog update. Ilove it. I don’t have the mom guilt, but I do have the house wife duties guilt. Sometimes I wake up at night with a start over something I forgot to do or say. Bad feeling. I love Romans… Just went through reading it. So much truth and comfort. I also have been working through the same things of getting rid of self and earthly desires. (movies etc) thank you for writing and I also liked everyone’s comments. Your a wonderful mom!! Love Joy

10. Tracy says:

Wow Jenny I liked your post. I was starting to think it had something to do with the weather but last week I also felt and was grouchy and emotionally drained. It’s nice to know I am not alone and I want to focus on this passage for this week and I know it will help. I love how real you are and wish there were more people like you.

11. Jan says:

Totally spilled the whole mom guilt thing in a free! therapy season from my SIL this a.m. 🙂 I just checked out “Why you act the way you do”, “The mother load”, and even a “good husbands guide…” this morning my pile of books made me laugh, yesterday it didn’t.
    “I want to speak kindly to my family- not because *I* am so sweet or so self-controlled in myself, but because mom is so full of Jesus, His JOY just spills out of her.” I want this! – Jan

12. Marcia says:

I’m not a mom now…but I used to be. My mom guilt comes in retrospect, looking back with regret at the times I wasn’t perfect. It’s not fun and it needs to be given to Jesus. I also have so many precious, precious memories and I don’t regret a single time I snuggled my darling girls- that was time NEVER wasted. May I share this link to a song on youtube? My heart in sharing it is NOT to heap on more mommy guilt (“O, I’m supposed to be worshipping on top of everything else?”) but to offer encouragement that Jesus understands when your littles demand your time and that He’s there even when you have no time or energy to sit and block out everything but Him.
    I loved your thoughts about feeding the spirit and wanting God, too. I just read another similar blogpost and will share that too, if it’s ok.
    You are a blessing. Be blessed.

13. Bevy says:

Oh my word…Jenn. I feel like I have to meet you (in person). That sounds scary rereading what I just wrote here, cuz I’m not weird like that …it’s just that you sound so like me. AGAIN!!!!!

I can’t get over how many times things you write are so “familiar”…and today’s topic hits the nail right square on the head. I’m right there with you, sista, on this one.

I struggle SO BAD with mommy guilt. And I thought of you and your last post quite a bit (regarding Sunday) – while at church, this past Sunday.

And our sermon was eerily similiar to what you shared yours was on. It must be God – doing a work, like HE does so graciously, in all of us, in our own places and spaces in life. He is Amazing!

14. Heidi says:

I LOVE the honesty here and in the comments! Mom guilt and I seem to have a never ending battle…. it’s so hard when I feel like I give give give of everything in me but its somehow never enough and everyday I pray for the wisdom and strength for today and yet at the end of the day it seems to have eluded me. The Carmen that commented above and I seem to be having about the exact same days (except I’m not preg and that makes a difference )! I had sick kids for 2 1/2 weeks high fevers each child up multiple times a night and my husband( alot because of his job) was never able to be up to help and I have had healthy kids for a week now but they still don’t sleep through the night. And the part where the husband calls and hears a tired wife and whiny kids happens here too. But I truly search for joy I read my Bible and have devotions I listen to a Christian radio station a lot they have wonderful women speakers and so on but last Sunday I didn’t get much from the message due to the 2 year old in my lap. But I feel like I’m falling so short of what Christ called me to be as a mother and wife…… enter the mom guilt. And most of all I’m frustrated with myself that I can’t seem to offer more to my own family. I have a fear of my children looking back on their childhood and thinking mom was always stressed or upset. My guilt the last week or so also comes from the fact that when I am tired I don’t always have the tone of voice I should have when talking to my children and in turn they speak the. same way…..ouch hard prick on my conscience! But I am still determined to find the joy and to listen even more to His still small voice in my life! Love all the verses above and how they relate into everyday life! Thank you for sharing and the honesty!

15. Heidi says:

Note the time on my comment I read this after being up to get my kids back to sleep….so tired I almost can’t seem to sleep so I laid in bed on my phone looking at facebook

16. Anonymous says:

Great post Jenny I could really relate I love ur honesty!

17. Heather says:

Jenny – great thoughts! I believe God has & is using you in a great way. Thank you for being willing to share……

I’m an annual subscriber to “Mommy Guilt.” :-0

Last year I prayed over and over again that God would show me when it is HIM speaking and prompting me to give more to my family and to help me know when it was a lie that Satan wants to use to have me feel defeated. Here’s a few thoughts…..

1. “The sum of Your word is truth.” Psalm 119:160 Your peace, soundness of mind, and effectiveness all depend on what you believe — and whom you believe. If what you feel, think, or hear, does not agree with the Word of God, it is a lie. DON’T MISS KNOWING YOUR WORTH AND PURPOSE BY BELIEVING LIES OF MEN OR THE MUSINGS OF YOUR MIND. Choose to believe God.

(This was my friends fb status yesterday and felt like it was powerful!) How many times do I believe the musings of the mind???? How many times do I start a line of thinking, (that isn’t even the truth from God) that train of thought starts picking up speed and before I know it, it’s derailed and it leaves me feeling defeated. I love what you mentioned about being in God’s word. Feasting on things that are pure and lovely! Choose to believe God! Not the lies….

2. When you feel overwhelmed, be willing to ask for help.

My mom was on full or partial bedrest for parts of 6 pregnancies. There were times she struggled to accept the help that people offered. I remember someone telling her, “Allow others the privilege of being a blessing to you and your family. Some day you will be the one giving and they may be the one receiving.”

I’m turning in the superwoman cape. There are times that I need a hand from my sisters in Christ and I believe there are women out there willing to help if I’m willing to ask. *Lays aside pride*

3. If I’m perfect, our homes perfect and our lives are perfect, why would my child ever perceive a need of a Savior? I think it’s ok for our children to see our flaws and imperfections and have found my children quite willing to pray some patience onto my life. 🙂 We are not able to meet ever single need out child will have but there is ONE who can.

4. Leave the housework. This really goes against the grain of our culture but I think there are times when we have little ones that we should block the housework out of our minds. Does all the laundry really have to be done on one day? Does it matter if my one year old’s shirt isn’t ironed? Has anyone ever died from a cobweb? Will we survive the clutter on the counter? And now you know the real truth….. I’m a perfectionistic messy. 🙂

(Sorry for the lengthy comment. Guess it’s something that I’ve felt overwhelmed with at times. I believe God has heard my prayers and is working in my life and is showing/has shown me the truth….)

18. rachel says:

i wish there was a recommend button here.
    i loved this Jenny.
    very much.

19. Sherilyn Miller says:

Me too. loved this! Hits sorta a tender spot that makes it hard to know what to say. Thank you! Oh to remember “NO condemnation” to them in Christ Jesus…

I just wanted to know that I can relate to so much of this post! Thanks for taking the time to write it all out. The part about a bunch of thoughts all of a sudden coming together in your head…completely get that.
    Also, the struggle to live above the flesh and to live in the power of God that IS there if we just CHOOSE it and focus our mind in that direction. Such a hard and, I think, a life-long struggle. Great post!

21. shelly n says:

Blessed by this . . . and the blog/post you liked to. Thanks!

22. Deb says:

Jenny,
    GREAT thoughts. It feels good to know i’m not thee only mother out there that struggles with this…Thank you for your honesty…i need to reread it all to make sure i got it all:) Again thank you for sharing! God Bless:)

23. Andrea says:

I wanted to comment yesterday but I ran out of time, and now am coming back to say Thanks. You nailed it. Whatever “it” is.
    That elusive thing that I want more, I want to be better, that my mind has 30 different train tracks running at the same time, that I want to do more, that I feel like I can’t do more, that I fill my time with me instead of Him.
    Good good post, so very relatable.

24. Dorcas says:

Excellent post.
    As an “older” mom I understand every word you say and yet I wish so bad I could make it easier for younger moms.
    If I could say one thing to all the young moms out there and myself as a young mom it’s GIVE YOURSELF SOME CREDIT. My stars. It’s the toughest job on earth, and so anonymous, and doesn’t pay a penny, and has no value in our society, and yet there you are, showing up every day, not getting enough sleep, fighting pregnancy problems and sickness, like Carmen up there, and making sure these children are taken care of.
    I never “got” this until I saw orphans in Africa. A child with no mom is one of the most heartbreaking sights I’ve ever seen. You look in their eyes and oh my goodness, the empty empty deep deep sadness….and every one of them would give their right hand to have the most flawed, imperfect mom among us.
    So yes, pursue Jesus and joy, definitely, but also tell yourself, “I am getting out of bed even though I desperately need sleep. I am feeding my babies once again. They will be fed and safe and loved on my watch. I am not running away. I get up every day and face this. I am doing what I’m called to do. I am a tough and amazing woman.”
    If I saw your children’s eyes, they would not look like orphan eyes. They would look like the eyes of children with mommies. I’m sure of it.
    My daughter takes care of Jamaican orphans. She came home for Christmas and was amazed at how little kids at church run around TALKING. Little Jamaican kids at the orphanage don’t talk because no one talks to them.
    I’ll bet your little kids talk too.
    See? You’re their mom. You show up. You’re there. And it shows.

25. Sandi says:

I love Dorcas’ comment – I’ve been to that orphanage in Jamaica, and I know what she’s talking about. Our kids are loves no matter how imperfectly we do it. My kids are not little any more and I want to say to all of you moms with small children – IT GETS EASIER! I know the little old ladies tell you this is the best time of your life, but I must not be old enough yet to feel that way., Once your kids are old enough to help, things get easier. They sleep through the night, they dress themselves, the don’t pee their beds, and they start saying “thank you” for time and effort you put into their lives. Their was a song by Steve & Annie Chapman I loved when my kids were younger: “someday my children might call me blessed, but today I’ll settle for survivor”. You are a better mom than you think you are. Imagine what your home would be like if you were suddenly taken from them. Someday soon you will even see them voluntarily doing some of the things you taught them, and making good choices. Oh, I do still struggle with mom guilt, too but less than I used to, because I am seeing how God is taking my imperfect human efforts, and He is filling in all the gaps with His perfect love, and making something of my children in spite of me. I think one of the most important things we can do for our kids is pray for them. Have a good and peaceful day 🙂

26. Anna Miller says:

encouraging words, Jenny- God spoke to me through them.
    something that I’ve been clinging to lately (and I know I shared it on FB awhile back) is that God does not expect us to be able to do it all and to BE everything to our kids. my job is to point them to the One who CAN be everything they need and who CAN satisfy them. my kids are getting a little older (the oldest is almost 10) and maybe aren’t as physically “needy” and demanding, yet at the same time they have a whole new set of “issues” to deal with. praise be to God, we have Someone to turn- but sadly, too often I wait to turn to Him when all else fails.
    Thanks for the reminder that it’s only in Him that we truly find satisfaction. I desperately want to be satisfied in Him and only Him!

27. clarita says:

It’s so good to read some Jenny-posts again. 🙂 Your honesty and realness is just wonderful, and your heart for God comes through so much. I love that about your blog. I leave feeling like I got to know Jesus better through it.

Happy weekend to you! ♥

28. Marylou says:

Wow. God is so great…this is exactly what He’s been teaching me in 2012.
    I don’t have to deal with mom guilt but I know what housewife/woman guilt is like. It is a cruel lie from Satan that we can be perfect if we just try hard enough. An older lady/mentor from church told me that there is no way we can fight these lies on our own. We must have and use the armor of God, and the the Word of God; counteracting every lie with a truth from the Word. Thank you for letting Him speak through you….

29. tresa says:

someday i hope to be a mom, but until then i wanna do my best to encourage those mom’s that are in the midst of this. thanks for all the food for thought you gave!