Nothing super important.

My Sweet Laila.

I have noticed when shopping- little, fun, printed skirts are so in this spring. So I decided to sew some. 🙂 I have been making them as fast as I can. If you use a coupon at Joanns, it only takes a half yard to make a skirt and so you can pick out pretty hip fabrics and make a whole skirt for $3-4 a pop.

Trimming them and lining with pretty trim (especially if it`s vintage) is the most fun part of all.

Elle pretend reading to a few little friends.

Another skirt I made, for Elle. This fabric I had bought to make a pillow for the living room. Yeah, the print was way too gaudy for my living room… so I made a fetching skirt for a 4 year old.

Flowers from my dear husband.

Fun making healthy cookies for my girls. My husband thinks my healthy cookies are for the birds. Literally.

This is a special plate from my aunt Ada, it was one of the things she gave me on my birthday. Sadly, the other day it shattered when it got hot on my gas burner. I was happy I had a picture of it anyway.

Another skirt I made for Elle. Can you tell I was channeling/watching Sound of Music when I made this one? It`s a little old school, maybe a little too old school, I haven`t fully decided yet.

I wish I had pictures of more of the skirts- maybe later.

Laila loves her blonde hair.

The other day I heard her tell her dolls,

“They LOVE me so much. They love me because of my blonde hair…”

And if we ever see anyone with hair the color of hers,

“Look. She has BLONDE HAIR, like me.”

G and I went on a date the other night. I had out outfits laid out ahead of time. Later, tssk, we caught them man-handling each other.

I’m working on a post about the small details in decor. Maybe I’ll post it later today. Who really knows?

Later tater.

jenny

comments

1. Kendra says:

LOVE those little skirts. I just sat down with a stack of fabric and decided what I want to create with it. Now I need to make a trip to Joanne to buy trim, etc… (and maybe more fabric:) ). Love their coupons. I think they have a coupon for this weekend for 25% off your entire purchase!

2. Bevy says:

Oh … you inspire me, so much. I have tons of “just enough” fabric leftover from some of my sister’s dresses (she’s mennonite and there is always plenty of “cool” fabric leftover…ya know?}…and anyway, I have BIG intentions to sew up little girl skirts or sun dresses for my two little girls.

I should just “get busy”…for once. 🙂

3. Jo says:

I really like the sound of music skirt. Fun contrast with the green.
    Mia loves blond hair. I think it’s because she does not have any. Nate admitted to me that when she picked out her doll last weekend, he was really wishing she’d go for the one with brown hair. Ha ha. I have signed up for Joanne’s flyers with coupons twice now and I never get any.

4. April says:

Those skirts are darling Jenny! How did you do the cute bow at the top? Did you use a pattern or a tutorial? I have to say, the “old school” one is my fave. I was making skirts for Eliza all last week too. I might try to post them this week.

Where does Laila get her blond hair? Where you or Galen blond when you were little? I love the look on Elle’s face while she’s modeling her skirt 🙂 My Eliza is really good at that face too 🙂

PS. Love your man-handling outfits, they should get out more 😉

5. linda hershey says:

i gasped when i saw that picture of Laila with the yellow skirt and white shirt. literally gasped and called izzy over to ask if she would like to look like Laila. so perfectly what i love. between you and this sweet, record setting warmness i am pumped to bring on the spring clothes. if you have any good tips, please message them to me!! i giggled at galen saying your healthy cookies are for the birds. obviously he is one of those bird lovers.

6. Amy Z. says:

I laughed when I saw the picture of the skirt that was going to be a pillow. That’s my bedroom curtains! The rest of my room has little color so that fabric was just what I wanted.

your girls are so adorable~ and those skirts, i LOVE! i would wear all of them myself.. if they were a bit longer, of course. 😉

i just spent a good.. i don’t know how long, but LONG time scrolling through your pinterest. i think i liked every single thing you have on there. i love your style. you have a way of noticing details others don’t.. i like that about you. 😉

8. Jan says:

Adorable skirts! The “pillow” fabric reminded me I have a small strip stashed (lost and forgotten) somewhere for a tiered apron. Your girls are darling models!